ab Dezember 2014 nur noch als E-Book in überarbeiteter Version bei amazon.de erhältlich, mit 346 Bildern (davon 268 in Farbe), € 21,85
Lebensweisheiten und „eine kleine Geschichte“ aus meiner neuen Heimat Australien
A little story ...
This is a story about four people named – "Everybody", "Somebody", "Anybody" and "Nobody". There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody’s job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.
entdeckt in einer Bäckerei in Bordertown, Südaustralien
Smile A While
"Smile A While
While You Smile,
Miles and Miles
entdeckt in einem Kaufhaus in Sydney, New South Wales
He [or she] most lives
"He [or she] most lives
who thinks most,
feels the noblest,
acts the best."
entdeckt in einem Poesiealbum in Hahndorf, Südaustralien (wurde geschrieben am 22. August 1910)
- Do not choose to be wrong for the sake of being different.
- Your smile is the most important thing you wear.
- Each day comes just once in a life time.
- You can’t get anywhere unless you start.
- Behind every good woman ... is herself.
- Some people exist but never really live.
- You’ll never get rid of a bad temper by losing it.
- Every ending is a new beginning.
- Purpose is what gives life meaning.
- If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.
- To know one’s ignorance is part of knowledge.
- If we don’t stand for something, we’ll fall for anything.
- Wealth buys leisure but not wisdom.
- You never know what you can do until you try.
- Life is a canvas – you fill in the picture.
- Your life is what your thoughts make it.
- To find friendship, offer friendship.
- Nothing makes people go into debt like trying to keep up with people who already are.
- Pleasant thoughts make pleasant lives.
- The greatest mistake is fearing you'll make one.
- Do not want to have a good day – make one.
- It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
- Listen not to vain words of empty tongues.
- Whoever follows a crowd will never be followed by a crowd.
- Love was not put in your heart to stay. Love is not love until you give it away.
- A good fortune may forebode a bad luck, which may in turn disguise a good fortune.
- It is better to forget and smile than remember and be sad.
- Confucius said: "Study without thought is vain: thought without study is dangerous."
The clock of life
"The clock of life is wound but once
And no man has the power,
To tell just when the hands will stop,
At late or early hour.
Now is the only time you own
Live, love, toil with a will.
Place no faith in tomorrow
For the clock may then be still."
Anonymus, in: Griselda Sprigg with Rod MacLean. Dune is a four-letter word.
Matt Price (1961-2007), einer unserer beliebtesten Journalisten in Australien, über die Vergänglichkeit
"Life is fragile, hug your loved ones."
Bessie Hawker, geborene Seymour, Südaustralien, 19. Jahrhundert, und ihr Tipp für Eheleute
"... that husbands and wives needed to learn to agree and, if they found differences of opinion, adopt the view that the faults of your husband or your wife are insupportable only so long as you insist on correcting them. You should put up with them as you do with the smell of your dog because you like him."
Harlan Ellison (geboren im Jahr 1934)
"The two most abundant things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity."